A Message to Our Friends about COVID-19
Fall Ministries COVID-19 Changes
Registration – The entire registration process will happen from inside your vehicle.
1. Please plan to pre-pay your balance prior to arrival at Forest Springs or be prepared to pay with a check.
2. Every person in your vehicle will have their temperature checked and will need to answer the health screening questions. They can be found here. If anyone in your vehicle has a temperature when you arrive you will not be permitted to register for camp.
3. After you have been screened and payment has been cared for you will be directed to your housing unit where you will find your welcome packet.
Daily Health Screening – For the safety of all campers and staff we need you to follow these guidelines.
1. Please come prepared to take your temperature daily while at camp. If you forgot a thermometer we will assist you with this.
2. We encourage frequent hand washing and/or hand sanitizer.
3. If at any time your health status changes during your week of camp you need to alert our staff AND be prepared to leave camp that same day.
Worship Sessions – Praising God and studying God’s Word is important; therefore we are still planning to be together.
1. The worship sessions will be held in the great room with seating that will accommodate social distancing.
Meals – Our typical food service style has changed drastically due to new guidelines.
1. Social distancing by 6ft in the dining hall reduces the number of people who can eat at one time. We ask that you to eat as a family unit or with the friends that you came to camp with.
2. Your food and beverages will be served to you as you walk through the line as self-serve options are not available.
3. Food will be served in the dining hall with overflow seating on the patio (weather permitting) and in Neale Lodge.
4. In order to space people out we ask that your family unit stays 6 ft. apart from other families while in line and there will be assigned meal times for your family to eat.
Program Areas – We desire to still have fun while at camp and stay safe while doing it.
1. There will be limited high adventure options this fall.
2. If social distancing can’t happen between our staff and campers or between campers, we will ask campers and staff to wear masks.
Stores – Ice Cream & Coffee needs to be a part of your camping experience.
1. Six feet of social distancing will be asked of you while you are in line and when seated at tables.
2. Our staff will be wearing masks during their shift.
Cleaning – Keeping a clean facility will help with slowing the spread of any germs.
1. All dining/eating areas will be disinfected 3 times a day.
2. All bathrooms, door knobs, and other frequent touched surfaces will be disinfected 3 times a day.
3. New soap and hand sanitizer dispensers as well as paper towel dispensers have been installed to eliminate having to touch those items.
4. Main program areas will be disinfected in between each camper use…archery bows, air rifles, kayak paddles, handcraft tables and chairs, etc.
5. Mini-golf, rec shed items, and game-room items will be disinfected once a day.
6. There will be cups next to drinking fountains for your use.