Learn Together. Worship Together. Pray Together. Grow Together.
Calling parents and grandparents with children of all ages! We've got an incredible, impactful event in the works at Visionary Family Weekend Away!
Dr. Rob & Amy Rienow invite you to join them for their first ever Visionary Family Weekend Away. This special event will be a chance for your family to come together for a unique weekend of shared experiences, Bible teaching, and fun in God's Creation! Consider joining us for a weekend you won't soon forget!
Rob married Amy in 1994 and they have been blessed with 7 children. His most important ministry is loving his wife and leading his children to know God and love Him. Rob’s mom came to Christ shortly after he was born so he was blessed to be introduced to Jesus at an early age. His parents divorced when he was in high school and God used that painful time in his life to give him a heart for young people and families going through dark times. He attended Wheaton College, then completed an MA in theology at Wheaton College Graduate School, an MDiv from Trinity International Divinity School, and a Doctor of Ministry in Christian Leadership from Gordon Conwell Theological Seminary.
Rob’s life dramatically changed in 2004. God brought him to a place of deep repentance over the fact that he was discipling other people’s children, but not his own. He was a spiritual leader at church, but passive with his family. Through that time of repentance, God turned his heart to the ministry of his children and his wife. God then led He and Amy to launch Visionary Family Ministries, a ministry designed to inspire parents and grandparents to disciple their children, to help couples create mission driven-marriages, and equip churches to build Bible-driven ministries. Their mission is to build the church through a global reformation of family discipleship.
Also appearing at Visionary Family Weekend will be Forest Springs' very own John & Diane Windle, a dynamic ministry team that uses songs and their puppet team, Hairy & Company, to share God's truth.
* Registration from 4:30 - 8:00 p.m.
* Dinner on your own, or reserve dinner at Forest Springs. Reservations must be made by contacting the registrar at [email protected]. Cost is $7.00/person (age 6 and older)
* Family session #1 - "Following Jesus as a Family"
Great families are families of "followers" - with each member following Jesus.
* Evening activities for the whole family
* Family session #2 - "The Power of Family Worship"
Learn how to pray and read the Bible together, relying on God's power for your family rather than your own.
* Family activities
* Family session #3 - "Family Forgiveness"
Discover biblical principles for working through every day conflicts and problems as a family.
* Continental breakfast
* Family session #4 - "Passing the Baton of Faith"
Learn how the power of encouragement, blessing and generational vision can impact the world!"
* Room/Cabin checkout at noon
* Free-time together
Click here to learn more about Forest Springs' many program areas - including the high ropes course, all included in your weekend fee. Paintball and trap shooting will be available for an additional charge.
Lodge Room - $275, plus $66 per person (6 and older)
* Private room with king bed, bunk bed, trundle bed and private bath/shower
* Towels/bedding provided
Standard Cabin - $208, plus $66 per person (6 and older)
* Sleeps 8
* Family unit with 5 bunk beds, plus one full-size bunk
* Private bathroom and shower
* Towels/bedding no provided
Lakeside Cabin - $141, plus $66 per person (6 and older)
* Sleeps 10
* Family unit with five bunk beds
* Shared restroom facilities nearby
* Towels/bedding not provided
RV/Camping - $75, plus $66 per person (6 and older)
* Forest Springs offers an RV park complete with connections to water, sewer and electricity
* RV/Camping spots may not be available if the area experiences freezing temperatures
A $25/person deposit is necessary for each registration. This deposit is non-refundable and not transferable to others. Your balance is due upon arrival, or can be paid online. Please make any checks payable to "Forest Springs."
Send and e-mail with your telephone number to Kate Hoffman at Visionary Family Ministries, [email protected], and she will call you back with details. It's a quick and simple process to get approved. Visionary Family Ministries desire is for as many families as possible to attend this event. If finances are a challenge, please contact Visionary Family Ministries. Financial aid is available and we'd love to help you come.