Operation Boot Camp - A Weekend Event for Military Families - October 17-20, 2019
Please register for the waitlist by calling Dave Hopkins at (715) 427-5241.*
* As we receive more donations, we will be able to have more families attend. If you would like to pay the fee to attend, please contact Dave Hopkins.
Operation Boot Camp provides an extended weekend getaway for active duty, reserve or veteran personnel and their families to:
* Connect through shared experiences
* Encourage spiritual growth & emotional strength
* Celebrate their military heritage
With a great mix of speakers, breakout sessions, activities for the whole family, good food and down time, military families will connect on a deeper level. Everyone from the service member to the spouse to the kids will gain understanding, grace, pride, and validation for their special part in their family.
Operation Boot Camp is organized by a team of military families who see a need to reach out to other military families and personnel to connect, encourage, and celebrate the unique experiences of military life - past and present.
* Speakers Phil Downer will be speaking at five main sessions.
* Special life stories shared from veterans spanning generations.
* Breakout sessions for the men, women and the children separately will help foster relationships and enable guests to connect on a deeper level.
* Family recreational options will include boating, hiking, archery, and organized family challenges.
* Relaxing evenings will enable you to spend quality family time and connect with other families over a campfire or drink from our Coffee Shop.
Drawing on his combat experience in Vietnam, Phil explains how he came home and applied the Core Values of the Marine Corps to his education and profession, but left in his wake a trail of broken relationships and moments of indiscretion, having left the core values without applying them to his personal life. Phil Downer is a Marine Machine Gunner, Combat Veteran from Vietnam, lawyer, author, father and grandfather who has spoken to more than 227,848 members of the military since 2003.
Phil shares how the invaluable lessons he learned from the lives of those who led him and fought with him in combat contributed to restoring a broken marriage and damaged relationships with his children and also helped him rebuild relationships in his professional life as a trial lawyer and author of nine books.
Our Standard Cabins are available to Operation Boot Camp guests. Each family unit comes with a double bed, bunk beds, and a private bath. Towels/bedding not provided. Each cabin sleeps up to nine people.
Lodge Rooms are available on a limited basis for an additional fee of $75 (towels and linens included).
Thursday, October 17th
5:30 to 7 p.m. - Registration
7:00 p.m. - Welcome & Orientation
Friday, October 18th
8:00 a.m. - Breakfast
9:00 a.m. - Sessions/Breakouts*
12:00 p.m. - Lunch - followed by recreation**
5:00 p.m. - Supper
6:00 p.m. - Session, followed by evening activities
Saturday, October 19th 8:00 - Breakfast 9:00 - Sessions/Breakouts 12:00 - Lunch - followed by recreation 5:00 - Supper 6:00 - Session, followed by evening activities
* Nursery and age-appropriate groups for children are available during all sessions and breakouts.
** Recreational options include boating, hiking, archery and organized family competitions. Service animals are permitted, but please notify Forest Springs in advance.
Cost & Event Sponsors:
The cost of this event is underwritten by businesses and personal donations. A deposit of $50 is necessary with each registration form. It is non-refundable on cancellation, but refunded at the time of check in.
Interested in helping to underwrite this event? Please visit our donation page and select "Military Family Retreat/Operation Boot Camp." Click here.
2019 event is underwritten by the following sponsors:
"Support for this project was provided through the B.A. & Esther Greenheck Foundation
A donation of any amount will help military families experience a great weekend away.